Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Funkin' Day

Yesterday was just one of those days -- I was in a real funk for no particular reason, just couldn't shake it. I feel a little burned at work, but not less than anyone else. Down a man I am putting out a few more fires. Underlying concerns about Emily's hips, surgery, another dog kind of pick away at me too.

So, that attitude had to change. I got home and readied the trainer. I put on the new Nashbar wheel stand with climbing blocks, locked in the Trek, got on the Nano and the readers so I could fuss with the Trek Incite ACH computer and instructions. I had a really decent spin - one hour. Poured out a lot of tension and sweat to some good tunes. I cannot for the life of me figure out the new cyclometer though, it just defies logic (and instructions). I am about to give up on it and look into the Garmin. Thoughtful gift -- just isn't giving back.

BTW on the thought of a tattoo -- my best bet is to get a Chia Pet so I can watch hair grow back through it -- yuck!

For some inspired reading and a VERY challenging ride on the Ididarod read this link.

Spin On

No comments: