Monday, April 7, 2008

Weekend Report

Friday was all about the bike. I took a weeks worth of "smoke breaks" to work on bike logos, jerseys and the redesign of the R2R web site. As the clock headed towards 5:00 I spent some tutorial time learning Dreamweaver as well -- daunting program.

Got home, changed and headed out for about 15 miles. The InSuck worked until I stopped, checked later and it was stuck in Set Mode. My only option is to take it in to Trek and have them look at it -- half and hour drive. Crap.

Spin Class with Edmund the Inhaler Saturday morning -- hard class. He like to sprint so our legs are going like sewing machines which tends to later have a systemic effect on me -- fatigue and nausea. Errands, lawn work and dogs to the vet. Later I linked up with Al to get my gear problem resolved. Apparently the cable came unwrapped inside the housing causing it to jam. We'll see, he is back tonight with a new cable. While he worked, I linked up with a very tasty Flying Dog Ale.

Sunday was a SLOW moving day. I forced myself to spend 40 minutes in the Rank Room and spin some crap out of my system. Dinner with M&L, dog walk -- caught in the rain, crash.

Spin On

1 comment:

Andrea Spencer said...

Le Petite, you are loaded up for sure. I think the systemic effect you feel post spin is caused by the up to 7 lbs. of wine tanins that are said to line the colon of heavy wine consumers.

The other night after my spin session I was left wondering because my heart rate stayed level at a steady 139 bpm, which is sort of fine ... but the session the week prior had me at rates ranging from 114 to over 160 ... so what's up with that? Am I alive? ... its like it wouldn't react ... so I just "cooled down" and went home with a false sense of fitness. Perhaps it was the dulling, mind-numbing corporate workday under the flourescent lights that "illuminate" us as we toil in the long shadow that working for Wal*Mart casts over us. Its actually really inspiring for cycling ... now that spring is here too. I just want to get outside and move. Tomorrow I begin training for this season's Captiva Coffee Cruise scheduled for Saturday April 20.

Let's roll,

K-Dog