Friday, August 29, 2008

Long Weakend

Hasn't happened in a long while but my mind was so fried I just had to leave work. My brain felt like a giant bowl of Quaker Instant Oats (brown sugar). I knew I hit my mental wall when I couldn't type an email to a co-worker.

So, I packed it in a little early (after a 16 hour day previously) and went home to flagellate myself with a nice vodka rocks. It was that odd sensation where I had physical energy but my brain couldn't handle the most mundane task. Fried, burnt and extra crispy. Things did look up when El Heffe called to say "nice job" on an assignment. Don't hear that often so it puts some wind in the sails when I do get a nod.

So what to do with three potential days off? Riding, spin and more riding hopefully. Plus a trip the to the Trek store. Of course, I can assume that a day in the office will be interjected as well.

Hope you all have a great Labor Day and best of luck to my race weekend Blog Buddies!

Spin On

No comments: