Friday, January 15, 2010

Florida Frost

Riding in Florida is a challenge for several reasons. One is the heat. Riding a 95º with humidity to match creates temps well over 100º. Then there is the traffic. Orlando is the number one rated worst place to cycle. And now, my fellow Spinsters, it will get even more challenging.

Well, I got a rare treat last Saturday to ride in "terrible" conditions -- rain and near freezing temps. I freakin' loved it. I finally got to break out gear that I have had in a package for two years. While I stayed in the neighborhood, it felt great to get lung-fulls of cold air. I rode until I couldn't feel my feet anymore -- thank heavens for clip-less pedals!

I have not made it to the gym for weeks and I am honestly considering opting out of the deal. While I enjoy the spin classes I enjoy sleeping on the weekends even more. Plus with addition of the RevMaster to my stable, I can have the "Gym-like" experience at home without the associated machismo.

Brooks update: He is an insomniac. Got past the bump, right into to tape worms. One dose of meds cured that in a day. Now, we have to figure out how to get the boy to sleep thru the night without waking me up 2-3 times to be fed. Refer to above sleeping on the weekends. But, he as been a really good boy otherwise and he and Shilo have bonded well.

Lastly, today I head out to BFE central Florida to shoot a mellon farm. Between my shaved legs and a photographer who is, shall we say, "theatrical", surrounded by trucks and red-neck country boys. I think it could be a sequel -- "Broke Back Mellon."

LABstrong

No comments: