Friday, July 20, 2007

Bumps In The Road

Okay, it has been a few days off the Blog and the training. Up 22 hours traveling and meeting in Chicago my system said "WHOA!" Got some rest and feeling human again.

Bike is back thanks to Al at the Bike Route www.thebikeroute.com. Headset spacer, rebuilt bottom bracket and a call to Trek for a warranty claim and I'm good to go. Now I just have to go. Riding this weekend despite oppressive temps.

Bob, send me the article please, sounds interesting. I am going to order more FRS for recovery and some gels from Accelerade to compare to Hammer.

All the chemistry aside, it will be the miles that make the difference.

Happy Friday!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great weather this weekend here in VA. I took this past Thurs./Fri. off work too. Got a great spin on Thursday night and then went out for the big one on Saturday...65 miles with lots of hills. The weather was fantastic and I was feeling good...so I kept going.

Got new wheels this weekend...it was an early b-day present. I was initially thinking about upgrading the ride, but after serious consideration, decided I really like the frame and fit. So, I did a little research, asked some folks and then decided to pull the trigger on some wheels. I picked up some Rolf Vigor RS. These are good for me since I am pushing the scale @ around 190 lbs. They are quick...especially on descents and actually shaved a pound off the overall weight...not that I was really going for that, but is a plus when pulling it uphill.

Steve, I just spoke with Kevin tonight and he grabbed a copy of the Endurance magazine for you already and is mailing it.

Another good article in the latest Bicycling magazine (Sept.) discusses hill riding and how to improve. First point is convincing yourself you can do it. I am a believer too! I think hill climbing is half mental. This approach will help us in Monterey.

Cheers.