Thursday, August 16, 2007

What Doesn't Kill Ya...

Had a great ride last night. Temps were low (83º) due to overcast skies all day. Did 18/1:07. I pushed a few simulated "hills" by kicking it to the highest gear and evenly cranking.

Mama threw some crap at me/us but we survived and I think my legs are stronger for the effort.

I am looking at switching out my 53/39 for a triple 52/42/30. Ebay is my helper with a whole new carbon crank, shimano levers and front deraillure. I'll accept opinions.

Spin on!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, I wish I could state the same, but the most I have done is look at my bike and wish I was out on the road. I hope to ride this Sunday but will be hard pressed due to weekend travel to fit it all in.

I am planning to ride once weekly with a group of TNT alumni. Some are actually training for Seagull. The Seagull century is an annual TNT event and we should see many Leukemia & Lymphoma Society supporters there. It is a huge boost as you pedal through their cheering sections.

I too feel stronger post-Mama. The local hills seem to have flattened out a bit and I actually look forward to 'attacking' on a grade.

Hmmm...going with the triple. I contemplated that when I ordered my bike, but thought that the maintenance would be easier without. I do hope to upgrade my crank and components though. A friend I train with has a new Dura-Ace set as well as a new FSA carbon crank he wants to unload. I figure I might be able to get some smoother shifting / slight weight reduction with the upgrade. Of course, it will most likely pimp my ride as well.

Good luck