Monday, January 14, 2008

Long Time No Blog

Hi Team,

It has been a long time since I put up a post. I read a few religiously every day but don't write mine. I will try to be more dedicated now.

It is 2008 and I hope to get some centuries and team rides in. Training should have begun in earnest but work and obligations tend to take a front burner at this stage. I still have the same demons namely PTW ratio -- can't seem to drop that last few lbs. I have had more time on a spin cylce than my bike, but they are quality workouts. Plus I have added in weights/core training. I think the teacher is an ex-columbian drill instructor. Or I am a 4 year old girl -- I struggle at times and end up shaking like Paris Hilton's chihuahua.

So, I know I can do the distances. I know I have the right equipment now (triple conversion complete and working). It is up to time, training and diet.

Team, let me know your goals for 2008 and lets work on them together!

Spin on

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Team,

Well, 2008 is starting with some lofty goals. I think it is important to set the bar higher every year...challenge myself.

Even though we have had some tremendously beautiful days here weather-wise, I am still trapped inside at Spin class. I have joined a new gym and like at least one of the instructors, so off to a good start.

This year, as we discussed in years past, I aspire to ride some of the very same routes as the Tour of California.

http://www.amgentourofcalifornia.com/Route/stages.html

I will be sporting the 'Team R2R' jersey/swag and will take pictures if / when the dream becomes a reality.

Nothing new to report on the supplement front with the exception that my diet has been modified drastically to pack some weight back on...yes, I am eating between 3,500 and 4,000 calories/day to add muscle mass. My hope is to bulk up the legs this winter and then begin the trim down once the outdoor riding season begins. I know my personal PTW ratio probably went up due to the weight loss, but I know I probably lost some strength too. Endurance has faded somewhat as well but hope to remedy that by spinning regularly during the winter. Like Steve, I am weight-training and running to hopefully gain some core strength as well as added endurance.