Thursday, May 15, 2008

Saddle Up

With only two more sessions to go, meeting with the trainer Tuesday felt good. We ran through set routine so I can continue on my own. My left arm has proven to be the weaker side, so I might have to concentrate on that a little. We upped the squats and weights a touch.

Wednesday was a trip to the bike shop to investigate a new saddle. No real luck, the one Specialized option in the shop was too big. Alvelo has offered me his as a trial on Friday. It seems very nimble. I am glad to have the trial opportunity, don't trust buying one online and the options are endless. I did find a nice Selle Italia that I might consider if I can find it locally.

That evening was a neighborhood spin, 16 miles in 1:02. I lumbered at the start but tried very hard to keep my cadence at about 85 the whole time. Difficulty is the stops, turns and turn-abouts knocking down my average speed.

Friday I hope to bug out early and give the loaner saddle a test run.

Spin On

1 comment:

Spengahli said...

Tour de Canine ...

A quick 16 for me today including 5 hill intervals. Turned it in one hour. I add 1/4 mile of bonus distance for each dog attack. Thanks to the new heart rate monitor, I can now watch my heart rate climb instantly from the flight reflex and sprinting ... giving "Ride 2 the Rescue" a whole alternate meaning ... one way or another, it's all about dogs.
Our future Mt. Mama riding partner is quite a character. He is a Cycles de Oro team member ... they were outfitted with new uniforms this season. He noted that the chamois in the new shorts is so thin that on his last ride, he likened it to riding on a slice of country ham. I've also really started to train in terms of diet as well ... now Joel is like a real cyclist ... before the last ride, we departed right after church so we were hungry. He said let's get some fuel ... OK, I'm thinking protein smoothie from Earth Fare, or Bananas or Cliff Bars ... so I follow his truck ... he pulled into Hardies and ordered a double cheeseburger combo ... Hmmm, OK maybe he so experienced that he knows something I don't, so I'll go along with this. All he said was, "Ya got to eat a lot before you ride!" Not bad.