Friday, June 27, 2008

I'm Cranky

No, not as in Cranky Monkey, the enduro ride this weekend up north. Good luck to Jason and Travis! Hope you ride safe and swiftly and look forward to your reports.

Nope, I'm just cranky -- have been all week. Not sure really why. Could be adjusting to the jet-lag, adjusting to work, or just being maladjusted in general. I am looking forward to some riding and Spin class to level things back out. Work has caused my diet to go to H*ll too. From five course, wine ladened meals to McDonald's on the run throws one's system off.

Next Wednesday I go in for the Holter monitor. I should be able to workout that evening too so they can get accurate readings on what is going on with the rapid heart rate. My chest has felt tight the past couple days but I feel pretty certain it is just the pressure of pending presentations for work. I want to resolve these issues so I can train harder in preparation for Mountain Mama.

Back to Italy for a moment. This is about as close to that Italian frame as I could get.



I was flaberghasted when Nifi gave the frame purchase a green light! One cool wife. She said she understood that it is a dream of mine and now was the time and place to make it happen. To my surprise I did not see a single bike shop. We were of course in ancient cities and downtown areas. Guess I will just have to go back:)

No comments: