Saturday, June 28, 2008

Ups and Downs

Yesterday was hopefully my last day of feeling jet-lagged. I was toast most of the afternoon at work (which is why I am back Saturday playing catch-up!) Anyway, I did have a good ride last night. 18 miles, as per my century training schedule. I didn't rock it too hard, just enough and my HR stayed very comfortable at 170 max and 138 average. I had a spike to 222, but that had to be a false read. Probably some old lady turning on Matlock just when I went by her mobile home (which, by the way,a re prevalent in my neck of town). So I felt good about things, popped a Chimay and chilled out for a while before some tastey Mexican food.

Up Saturday and off to spin class. Warmed up fine, started class and maxed at 240 bpm ( think that is my monitors max). Average was 171...WTF? I feel fine, just not sure what to think.

Tomorrow is a scheduled 60. I am going slow and resting often to beat the heat. Should be 100º + on the road.

Spin On

No comments: