Thursday, June 5, 2008

Quick Spin

Got in a quick 14 last night before the afternoon rains set in. We really need the rain. Brown lawns, muck on fire in Lake "O", hot. It is very cleansing to the soul as well. I could do without the lightening though. Shakes the house and startles the Bejeezus out of you.

So the source of my loose bearings was the bottom of the headset. What were to be sealed Crane Creek bearings busted open. While I am not happy with the Trek's manufacture (I also had a bad bottom bracket some of you might recall) I think this might have been due to travel and awkward stresses on the down tube. Alvelo slapped a quick fix on it in the morning, I got it a lunch and will wait for the new part to come in before but it is fine to ride.

Been looking at Italian frames and found a cool site. Take a look:)

Spin On

No comments: