Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Tick or Tock

So I met with the cardiologist yesterday and I guess I am fine. He asked me a bunch of questions and lead me to the conclusion that my new doctor was being over cautious -- as was I. The EKG they took looked like a "young, athletic heart" to him. The EKG's are apparently read by a computer at the doctor's office and my spike sent up caution flag. His experience tells him it is nothing to be concerned about. That being said, any doubts need to be eliminated so I return for an ultrasound and a stress test. While I wish this was all over, better safe than sorry. I guess getting BPMs over 200 is okay for some folks, I just wish someone would definitively tell me that.

Life, deadlines and commitments have left me feeling rather low and tired this week and off the bike or gym. Tonight I will try and hit Spin class with Ginger Snap and her one second jumps. I now refuse to do them since my "boyz" cannot take the seat slapping. Every 4 seconds is fine. It's about the anatomy, not the pulmonary.

Spin On

1 comment:

jshild said...

Steve, glad to read all systems appear normal. Hope you're doing well. Jeff.