Monday, September 22, 2008

What Was I Thinking

Well for starters, I was thinking that the end of cycling season (really never ends here) will give me some time to catch up on a variety of projects. I have been considering the Turkey Leg Century in November so I wanted to get some miles in after my disappointing efforts the last week or so. Actually, I did pretty good. I rode 18 Friday, spun Saturday (which based on time, heart-rate and calories is about equivalent to 25 miles) and rode 60+ on Sunday. My split times on Sunday were pretty good, better than my average (not including the spank my ass club ride) and I finished strong. I think the club ride actually did help me up my game a little. I suppose once a year is fine:)

Since I had so much time to think as I lumbered down familiar roads, I began developing names for various ass-pects of my cycling regime. For instance, Glute, Glute and Toot were very sore yesterday. I think the only treatment to prepare your anatomy for such rigors is to spend more saddle time. It is not natural for your pelvic bones to try and force their way free of your butt muscles, mine however did try for about 35 miles.

Many cyclists have names for their machines. I finally decided on "Bonk" for my Trek 5200. No matter how I coax and cajole, Bonk will just not go faster. Not sure what to do about that.

I did see a Gopher Tortoise (dead heat sprint, which I eventually won) and managed not to get pulled over by another golf cart. Good times. Good times.

Spin On

No comments: