Monday, February 16, 2009

Taking A Break...

from work (i.e. reading Fatty's Tour of California coverage -- much better than Cycling News or Versus:)

I have not written, nor ridden in a long time, aside from Spinning and lifting. I had developed a nagging cramp in my calf in my leg a couple weeks ago and it was getting pretty persistent. But, Nifi to the rescue! We traded Valentine's Day gifts early -- she wanted a facial and I needed a therapeutic massage. Last Friday I went in and got a really thorough once over. Turns out my hamstrings were like piano wire and pulling up my entire leg -- and calf muscle. Problem eliminated. Thank you Nifi for being such a generous Valentine:)

I have been quite frustrated with my bike build projects. The painting has take me waaaaay too many weekends. One little drip becomes a whole afternoon do-over and then another weeks wait to get back to it. In any event, I attached a couple pictures of the builds as I checked and straightened out two frames.



Angus checks out just fine



McTavish needs a little encouragement to get the drops straight and centered.

Big thanks to http://www.mytenspeeds.com as a great reference for vintage cycle repair!

Spin On

No comments: