Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Ready...Set...

Ride!

The Riverlution is this weekend and I am feeling giddy with anticipation. Bonk is in his clam-shell coffin and winging his way across country thanks to UPS. $50 shipping beats $350 round trip flying.

I have done the most training I can due to my schedule. I finally peaked 150 miles last week topped off with 40 on Friday and 60 on Sunday in 3:41:30. Legs were spanky but my a** was cranky. Just need the saddle time to deaden the nerves some.

So I am off soon and will send pictures and a report. A few new riders have signed up to join the fun but I know that the distant members of Team R2R will be pulling for me to finish and make the big climb.

Finally, thank you to those who responded and donated to the last post. I was very pleased and touched by your generosity and kind words. Please, if you can, donate those dogs need your help!

LABstrong

No comments: