Friday, November 13, 2009

Cycling Shorts

Here are a couple observations from my neighborhood.

First is the Minstrel Cyclist I have noted riding around our street. The neighbor's teenage son has taken to riding his bike at night and I see him out riding while I walk Shilo. He is getting faster despite having a bike that is too small and a seat that is too low. The odd part is he wears an iPod and sings -- loudly and off key -- as he circumnavigates the route. Some of America does NOT have talent.

Secondly is the jogger in the morning. Now, I am a very happily married man to a beautiful woman -- my Nifi. And not that I condone the "can't look at the menu" mentality, I think it is male human nature to look at the sister of a neighborhood divorcee when she jogs by with her 0% body fat and rock hard abs. It is just a male reflex to suck in your gut, stick out your chest as you walk your dog, smelling of Rogaine and dog poop. Getting looks for all the wrong reasons.

LABstrong

No comments: