Thursday, July 12, 2007

Non-Scripted Banter

Getting up at 4:30 and hitting the trainer you learn a lot about Closed Captioning and crappy local news. The weather comes on about every two and a half minutes, the anchors repeat the same stories every 12 minutes and CC is riddled with typo's. But I was up and spinning for 16 miles. I remembered the fan this time. It will be an odd couple of weeks training due to my work schedule.

Today's search will be for Accelerade and a creative idea for yet another presentation.

Cheers!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, just 3 more weeks until Mountain Mama. In an effort to increase climbing intensity I have been trying to concentrate on hill work as much as possible during rides. I have also been attending a few spin classes/week. This is certainly not the same as riding, but I like the fact that I push myself harder in class.

My Thursday spin instructor looks as if she was carved out of solid marble and I think she revels in pushing her class attendees to their absolute max. I think it might also be the 'herd' mentality at work too. There is a peer pressure to work just as hard as everyone in the class...whereas I might choose to coast out on the road.

I made the mistake of mentioning MM to my instructor and amazingly our classes have focused on climbing. Lots of heavy climbing last night with interspersed sprints.

After it was all done, I felt like I had a great workout but there were times during the class that I (intentionally) went anaerobic. I guess it's good to push yourself like that from time to time, but I did feel moments away from an aneurism...

I am looking forward to the team effort at MM. Any way you slice it, it's going to be a fun time and a tremendous sense of accomplishment when done.