Friday, September 28, 2007

Hope To Ride More Than A John Deere

It's only been two days since I haven't ridden and really only one day of training that I missed with scheduled rest days, but I feel like a blob! I crave movement, sweat and the feeling of focus that only biking provides me.

What makes it more frustrating is I picked up the Steed last night. Wow! Really pro-looking shifters, light carbon cranks and nickle coated cassette and chain...schweeeet. I hope to swap out the saddle tonight and get in a few miles, then more over the weekend. What is the rest of Team R2Rs ride schedule look like?

BTW, I'm a large on the jersey scale. Nice fit, tight waist-band.

Ride On

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey team. Jerseys look awesome! I can't wait to road test one. Fantastic work...

I actually did a two-a-day yesterday with strenth training in the AM / spin in the PM. I am feeling some slight fatigue this morning, but didn't get much sleep either. I am planning to ride both days this weekend and then begin the taper to Seagull. I have to stop back at Plum Grove Cyclery to talk components and pick up some additional nutrition for Fall training and some for Seagull.

I spoke with my Dura-Ace connection and it appears that I should be able to pick up front and rear derailleurs along with a carbon crank. I may just have them put on in time for Seagull, but not sure if the shop can swing it yet. I thought he had shifters too, but does not. So...I am going to start looking for some DA STI shifters. If you guys have any leads, let me know.

I hope everyone can get a few miles in this weekend. As KP would say, 'keep it between the lines'.

ride on.