Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Check Your Nipples

Okay, this is not what you're probably thinking... though it is health realated, I am referring to the spouts on my water bottles. After bleaching and scrubbing the nasty protien deposits out of my bottles left from Seagull, I noted a small deposit in the spout. I picked at the spec with an open paper-clip and low and behold a HUGE chunk of brown goo came out. I began probing deeper and tons more followed. It was nausiating to think that I had probably consumed better parts of that crud on various rides.

All that said, keep your nipples clean!

My best to Team R2R

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

and here, I thought you were referring to the use, or omission of protective covering. Yes, I can report that the new team jerseys have a very low friction quotient...or maybe mine have just toughened up with all of the training rides this past summer. I forgot to use any bandaids for the Seagull ride, but was none the worse for wear. Hey, 100 miles is a lot of friction!

Steve, I can honestly say that I just gagged when I read that entry...kind of gives new meaning to the phrase "keep it clean". I wonder what kind of floridian flora you were harboring in that bottle? should we culture it and grow out the next bio-warfare bug?

No riding for the next 2 weeks for this team member. I just had elective surgery on my abdomen...merely a flesh wound, but need about 10-14 days to heal the incision. I asked the doctor if I could ride and he said he would prefer that I didn't in the event I would 'open up' while being a distance away from home during a ride.

So, I get to add some lbs. to the engine for the next 2 weeks or so...I think I could use it. It's been difficult to keep weight on lately due to stress.

Well, it's worth saying again team...keep it clean! Also, keep watch for the 35' Bounder SAG wagon near you...