Monday, February 4, 2008

Tripped Up Report

Finally -- road time! I was able to get in about 32 miles late Sunday morning and it felt pretty good. Temp was about 80º, low humidity and low wind. I did my standard Sanibel loop, but did not head to Captiva because I wanted to have an easy spin and keep the miles low. I guess it did feel good because my intent was to do 25 miles. The City of Sanibel has done a lot of work on the roads since I have, lots of fresh pavement meant for smooth rolling.

My one complaint is my new Trek Incite ACH cyclometer. It was a gift, which I really do appreciate, but the learning curve is steep due to poor instructions. In fact one section of the miniscule type actually has you refer back to another section -- in French. Pluses: built in heart monitor (more later), grade (Causeway climb is 5%) and altitude (not set right). Minuses: Having to rotate through all the displays -- speed and temp are the only one that stay on at all times, poor instructions and my biggest beef is that it stopped working when I stopped for recovery. I had it working fine, stopped for a Gatorade and when I got back on it was blank! Only the temp showed. I hit every combination of buttons but no luck. Finally, after a few miles and after the return climb it re-set itself to the power-save clock and I was able to start over from there....grrrrr. So, my trip data is not accurate or conclusive. I have to call Trek and get some instructions in English.

My heart rate did not exceed 185 bpm (on the climb which I did at about 14.4 mph -- it is short) but without a proper computer reading I am not sure if it was higher later in the ride -- but I don't think so. I averaged about 148.

Happy Monday, Spin On.

No comments: