Saturday, February 2, 2008

My Turn

I have spent a lot of time this past week stressing about my doggie issues. Thanks again for keeping in contact, Emily continues to get past her digestive infection and we are keeping a close eye on her hips, but she is happy again.

I felt better about things last night and had some renewed energy, so after some errands (vet, gas and grabbing a Chimay) I hit the trainer for the first time in weeks. Things were going pretty smooth -- iPod cranking, me cranking, closed-captioning cranking. I am trying to lift a page from Jason at Soiled Chamois and develop a name for the room (Stankment™ is taken) so it kept me occupied. I shifted gears up for 5 minutes of harder effort and my heart monitor shot up to 237 bpm! I eased back on the cadence and dropped it to 198 then steadily down to 151 -- which still seemed high. I was reminded of Jeff Kerkove's recent issue similar to mine and he ended up seeing a cardiologist! My Cateye monitor goes nuts sometimes in certain areas, due to interference I imagine, but never in the currently un-named spin room. I kept the monitor on for a while after my warm-down and my heart rate seemed normal. I felt a little weak at Spin Class today and tried not to over-do but I was not comfortable. I asked the instructor about the 237 and she said it might be stress of the week or dehydration but to keep an eye on it. I think it is stress too, but makes me wonder about all the other "false" reads I get on the road. If I stop posting, have a Chimay (or three) in my honor:)

And to my Team Mates -- we are not alone... can you say "Cowbell"?

Spin On

No comments: