Thursday, May 22, 2008

Ruff Ride

Last night I got home, played with the girls, changed and headed out for a ride. The schedule show it should be 24, but I managed 16 in 1:00. Pushed some big gears into some stiff winds -- my version of hill training. Nifi has been working hard (until 8:00 last night) so I cannot afford the extra time away from home. Besides, MM is a ways off and I am doing near century training distances on the weekends. I was able to calculate by the heart monitor that Spin is about equal to 16 road miles. That means I should be throwing down some extra miles on the 6000 those days. As the ride approaches I will put in more saddle time.

On that subject, the old-faithful felt much better. Maybe a slight adjustment here or there, but the extra padding and forgiving plastic base soothed my aching a**. I'll see how it does on a long haul this weekend hopefully. I like the slotted seats better and a narrower nose with leather covering, but have not come across one just yet.

Dog Report: Emily did not want to go for a long walk but she and Shilo had played hard in the yard earlier. It has been a few months now and Shilo is really becoming more interactive and initiating play now. Funny to see her outside getting "the zooms". We all (Emily too) just get out of the way -- 90+ pounds barging around at full speed!

Spin On

No comments: