Monday, July 14, 2008

News of Greatness

Not much riding this weekend -- too many chores and work to catch up on. I did try out the bike for 20 Friday, first time since the fitting. Felt good over-all. No residual pain anywhere aside from a little fatigue on my lower, left side back. My feet ached a little, probably due to the new cleat positions.

Saturday was Spin. The instructor had some surgery and could not coach from the bike. I think it was worse! We did some hefty jumps and pushes from the saddle. I went sans-heart monitor so I could really only focus on the pain:) I thought a lot about what the MM climbs would be like -- a little troubling if a Spin instructor had me down!

From there it was home for seven hours of vag__a hot yard work. Hot and humid, I changed clothes five times! I hope that counts in lieu of doing 65 on Sunday -- felt like it should -- since I had to spend some "quality" weekend time in office. "Yeah. that would be great." No riding Sunday, just another dose of yard work to finish up what the rain ended Saturday.

So, what is so great you ask? Well I have a great sister (three actually). One has three great daughters of her own (and one son of same caliber). One married a great guy and now I am a Great Uncle (again).

Meet Logan Michael -- perhaps the newest Team R2R member. Note to self -- order x-small jersey next year.



In other great news, I have a healthy heart! The Holter monitor results show no abnormalities. 42 bpm resting, 67 bpm average and a max of 172 bpm during my workout. Plus one spike on the chart at 2:00 a.m. when the smoke alarm went off! You can actually see one huge spike -- humor. A new Polar F11 HR monitor is on the way.

Spin On

1 comment:

Andrea Spencer said...

Rode Hard, Put Away Wet ...

35 + miles in the rain and wind on Sunday: Ave. 15.5 mph; Max HR 157 bpm; Worked on hill intervals and riding the big gear up false flats at pace. Got a lot of crazy looks from passers by (and my wife) for riding in the storms, but very little lightning and it felt great to push through. Before that, Spin "nooner" on Friday and 10 + miles off-road on the MB. I finally feel like a rider again!

Hope the fit adjustments work out ... I recall from being behind you that I thought you could raise your saddle quite a bit, but I didn't want to put more pressure on your numb hands, so I never mentioned it (what a great teammate and friend I am! - sorry). Hopefull no you are up both fore and aft.

Congrats on another mark of greatness ... he's a cutie. It's amazing to see a person start out fresh in this world.

Happy 'Moan-day',