Friday, July 25, 2008

Reaching Your Goals...Almost

Yesterday was a rest day, but that doesn't mean it wasn't exciting (for a bike nerd like me.)

I had contacted Brent and Ryan at Twin Six to find out where they get the T6 shirts done. I own several and the quality, design and printing is really cool -- like nothing I have come across in the bike wearables realm. So, they actually had someone contact me asking how THEY could help our "worthy cause"! I was pretty stoked. See, Spengahli and I shared a similar dream/vision many (many) years ago. We were in a similar position and in similar careers (again, many years ago). The difference? They actually did it, and are making a successful go of it. Yes, I am green with envy. Therefore when they offered up some kind of interest I was thrilled. They do some great work for Fat Cyclist's initiative to raise money for cancer research. Check it out...

While T6 can't take on our group just yet -- they have a lot of irons in the fire -- they did make a donation to LLRoF and offered to help support our cause by sending gear. That is a good start. Perhaps if we are ever able to broaden our scope it will be more feasible for others to get involved. Right now, I'll take the gear:)

Not sure about training tonight -- suffering from an inordinate amount of stress and tainted Chinese take-out. Sweats, chills and aches -- for starters.

Spin On

No comments: