Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Diet-tribe

Man -- have I been off the diet wagon! With company in town my diet has gone out with the bath water and I am feeling it! Too many Belgians, carbs and red wine. I spiked to an all time weight high but have managed to work it back down some. My company has headed out -- great to see you Molly & Dan!! and now it is back to reality.

I did Spin Class on Saturday and eased off a little on the pressure. My left knee has been a tad sore -- manageable but I wanted to be cautious none the less. I think the impact of training classes and not the continual motion (and caloric burn) are irritating the area around the joint. I cannot spin tonight so I will gain another rest day (and probably another pound).

I know I sound like a broken recored, but I hope to get back to a riding routine within the week.

Hope you are recovering Brother Bob!

Spin on.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

still suffering...but at least I am able to walk without too much difficulty today. Actually, I got myself out of bed early this morning, went out in the rain to go run at the gym. I think it was very helpful along with some additional stretching.

I plan to further loosen up via spin both Wednesday and Thursday nights...then back this Saturday for the next all-out assault on the legs. more squats on the way...

Anonymous said...

Well, I have upped the ante and am now trying to do two-a-days. I have been running about 3 miles in the morning before work and spinning (when schedule permits) at night. I will let you know how the knees hold up!

I plan to give Cytomax a trial in the coming months. I like the taste of the Citrus flavor, but as we know...more than 2 hours of any of this stuff starts to get nauseating because of the sweetness.

I hope the rest of the team is getting some form of training in.

Spin on...