Friday, January 25, 2008

Mommy I'm Shakin'... slap me.

The title is a tribute to the old Minneapolis bar band The Flamin' Oh's. I'm sure Spengahli and I crossed paths and never even knew it "back in the day". Aah the '80s...I digress. 

Well, I guess I lucked out at Core Class last night... Edmund The Terrible could not make it in to coach so it was instructed by Joyce The Just (as in "just one more"). I still find it a challenge, mainly to keep my legs from shaking during upper body weight workouts. Doesn't say much for me being only one of two males who consistently attend and probably the youngest. Wussie! The class is effective though for good core tuning. I should go twice a week but there just isn't enough time. I will be scaling back the gym a bit more after daylight savings time to get out on the road.

I am continuing to tune nutrition. I am trying to have an FRS for breakfast instead of the Atkins shake. It is lighter, has better energy vitamins and reminds me of growing up on Tang for breakfast. What the hell was my Mom thinking? Loading me full of sugar and artificial flavors for breakfast because "the astronauts drank it" then sending me off to school with an un-refrigerated  sandwich with mayo! God it is a wonder we survived.

Happy Weekend, 

Spin on.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Steve, you are not the only one shaking. Actually, I am limping, hobbling and all but convulsing as I feebly attempt to walk post-leg workout #2. I did take a more than generous dose of Glutamine post-workout and actually felt OK. Then, day 1 post-workout had some fatigue, but still not as bad as workout #1. Day 2 post-workout finds me all but crippled. I am shuffling around the office like an 80-year old with Parkinsons.

I hope this is just a beginner's (bad) luck phenomenon and that my PTW ratio will actually improve as I gain strength in the legs.

The workouts themselves are great. It's a challenge, but I do feel good when done. I hope the legs recover in time for the next full-on assault.