Thursday, February 28, 2008

ASO-holes

I keep reading VeloNews and almost every day the ASO is banning another rider or team for doping or high testosterone levels. While I do not condone doping in any form I have a simple (not really viable) consideration: Why wouldn't these guys have higher testosterone levels? To go through that much physical stress (torture) I think they'd have to have nuts the size of cantaloupes! Sorry for the imagery. My take is that most riders have extraordinary amounts of NATURAL substances in their bodies just to be able to compete.

What next -- eliminating riders with larger than normal lungs or hearts? Will they revoke Lance's 7 wins because he is a physical phenom?

Perhaps it is the ASO who should get out of cycling.

Spin On

2 comments:

Spengahli said...

While participating in high school varsity soccer, we used to dope up pre-match on Hostess Twinkies and Beep. Can you imagine us in the 80's with no Vodka, cigars or coffee? (It's amazing we can still ride at all!)

Petit Chèvre said...

How true. I remember varsity swimming in HS and the best guys were the stoners who used to scrape frost off the inside bus windows for bong water! I was never that good.