Monday, February 11, 2008

Spänking

Okay, I have not blogged since Thursday, mainly because I wanted to see where things were heading from a physical stand point. As I mentioned last week I was awaiting to Core Class. In typical Edmund fashion it was hard, but I knew that going in so I was able to adjust my weights as needed. Sure I bitch, but he is a good instructor and utilizes every minute of class. It is more of a bitch when the woman who gave birth three weeks ago can do more pushups than you.

I was a little sore Friday morning and after a tense day, I was looking forward to a theraputic massage scheduled for 5:00. Soft, Celtic music and water sounds aside, it was far from relaxing. I felt knots the size of marbles move in my shoulders and my hamstrings were like guitar strings -- tight! I think I actually broke out into a systemic sweat! I went home and hydrated with some Blue Moons and ate fish tacos.

Saturday morning I got up with all the best intentions to go to Spin Class. Fed the girls, felt my thighs -- tender to the touch and went back to bed for three more hours... I had a headache all day long but after errands and lawn mowing I went for a ride. Unbelievably I had some Spänk in the Meat Sticks. I really cranked the final miles and it felt great. It was even better to relax at home that night:-)

Sunday, family day, no rides. Today, rest day in prep for this weeks training. I need to find some rides (organized or not) to do this spring...

Spin On

No comments: