Thursday, May 29, 2008

Bad Ticker

Fortunately, I feel confident in saying it is not MY ticker but rather my HR monitor.

The new battery has seemed to do the trick. Last night I did a fast 13 in order to get some miles in before Cheers & Gears. It needed to be short because I have a ton to get ready before I depart. I decided to push it, pretending to be the breakaway in The Giro. I upped my average 1.4 MPH over my last few rides and stayed in zone 2 & 3 during the hardest efforts. The HR monitor maxed at 195 but I never saw that and think it might have been interference. Most of the time it was at 147 - 150 bpm and I was quite comfortable.

I feel much better, especially since my doc never called back. Guess he and the jeweler are out to get me:)

Spin On

1 comment:

Travis said...

Glad to hear the HR thing was just a false alarm...we hope.