Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Huff & Puff

I think I feel a little wind coming back into the sails.

Last night was about trip details and preparation. It started early when I took the Cateye MRC HR10 in to the local jeweler for a new battery. He showed me that the battery was still full power and "in the green" so no need to change it. This is the second time he has told me this, the second time I have listened and the upmteenth time I have read the manual saying they should last about a year -- which has passed. Fiddling with the buttons to reset the watch I hit a button -- low and behold a drained battery icon appeared! So I took matters into my own hands, scrounged Walgreen's for a small enough repair screwdriver, changed the battery and reset the data. Then I sat in the yard an played ball with "The Girls" and between some breathing techniques (and a chardonnay) I got my resting rate below 50 bpm -- that is 20+ less than Monday. Tonight I hope to test my bad battery theory on the road.

All that said, if I can see the doc, I probably will, just for a little peace of mind.

I am getting stoked for Cheers & Gears again!

Spin On

No comments: