Monday, May 5, 2008

Weakend

So, Friday pretty much sucked. My emotions were zapped all day long. I typically love to start my day reading various cycling blogs, but the news of Elden and Susan at Fat Cyclist came from out of the blue to me, and I am sure hundreds of other readers. The part that struck me as odd is the heartfelt connection I had to someone I have never met, nor even spoken to. I felt a little helpless in the fact I could only send a reply with words that can do little. Susan has been diagnosed as terminal now. Please keep them in your thoughts and prayers. If you can, send them a note of support and encouragement, he shares them with Susan and I am sure it is good medicine, too.

I had to say goodbye to an eight year employee at the days end. He is a friend too who really got me psyched to bike again a few years back -- we even rode over our lunch hour for a spell. Here I am optimistic for both our journey's as we move forward, hopeful we can still connect as friends.

On the way home I collected Emily from the vet. News there is inconclusive to bad. She has a bad left hip and bad right hock joint. They sent xrays out to be read by a radiologist (7-10 day wait) but there is a chance she has a tumor in the hock joint. The options are not good for treatment and make our choices quite clear. We are hopeful that it might be soft tissue damage from arthritis which we can treat. Seven plus days is a long time for us -- a gift for others.

Finally the AC went out that night. Fortunately it was cool out and dry so we were comfortable and it was fixed first thing in the morning.

As for cycling... I was too drained to do Spin Class and had to prep for a Client event that morning anyway. I did manage to get some supplies for the 6000 though and ride 27 miles that afternoon. I felt sort of slow and not much fight in me against the wind, but had to do the distance.

Sunday Nifi and I went boating with Todawgz. I wanted to ride, she wanted to garden and clean house but these opportunities don't come up often. The weather was fantastic, the beer was cold and the company was gracious. Now I have a nasty burn on my chest, stomach and tops of my feet! How long have I lived here?? What a rookie. I have some degree of sun poisoning and a massive peel to come. I might not ever eat lobster again.

Spin On

No comments: