Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Race To Nowhere

Last night's spin class was a bit more challenging on two levels. First, the instructor (who can be a little lax) decided that SHE needed a good work out so she pushed harder -- lots of short 2 and 4 second jumps. Secondly there was a vacationing young couple from Colorado in the class, both cyclists and geared up. Oh, and about 10 -12 years younger. Of course that lays down the gauntlet of challenge to compete. Frankly, I think I did pretty well to match them stroke for stroke considering the 10,000 foot altitude they were used to (I'd need some serious EPO to match that) and age. The guy and I even stayed even on heart rate. They were nice but had that "Bring it on" (actual quote) attitude. Me? I was about ready to puke my banana when we were done:).

Tonight should be a ride/trainer but I have a work requirement so I will have to pass. Thursday brings on Core Class and new challenges!

Spin on.

No comments: