Monday, January 21, 2008

Seriously

Okay, January is almost over and the training has taken a back seat. Now, I am not a pro, semi-pro or really much more than an avid rider, but I do have goals to achieve. Slogging Belgian ales and pasta on Friday nights makes for a rough spin class on Saturday...

Goal one: Diet. I have to get back to watching what I consume and consume in moderation. Lose some lbs and increase the PTW ratio.

Goal two: Ride the freakin' bike! Classes are one thing but actually riding is going to be key. Due to work, daylight and a host of other excuses I have not gotten on the bike in a long time now. It felt great when Spenghali and I rode the Captiva Coffee Cruise and that may have been the last saddle time I had. My bike is perfectly tuned now, equipped and ready to do more than collect dust. I sent the team links for a cycling camp in Alabama...? Three guys, bikes, a banjo in the deep south, could be fun.

Goal three: Plan some trips/rides 2 the rescue. I hope to get the word out via our Web sites and beef up our wearables. All the foundations are in place.

Hope to share the year with the team in good riding stead!

See you at the finish.

No comments: